updated pics of MPC EE's 5 wks old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Whirlwind, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Here are some updated pics of my EE's I got from MPC. They will be 5 weeks old on Sun or Mon. All are supposed to be pullets. It sure is hard to get them to stand still enough for a photo shoot. [​IMG]

Tempi Copper
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Arrow Chocolate
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bear Taffy
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sadie Cat
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice birds!!![​IMG]

3. [​IMG] What cuties!

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    I sure love all the different colors of EE's you got.

My Rainbow Specials turn 5 wks on Monday as well. The box mine came in said they were hatched at 5 am on Mon, Sept 21st.

It still find it amazing that the chicks can hatch, are sexed, immunized (I paid for Mareks), put in a box and on a plane from Ohio to Seattle, road trip to my P.O the next day and all 26 they shipped are alive and well 5 wks later.

Thanks for sharing pics. Keep us updated please.

5. sassychiken

sassychiken In the Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    Very pretty girls!!! A couple of them almost look hawklike! [​IMG]

6. Bedste

Bedste Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    your EE all look like pullets so far and very pretty.

7. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    ~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

My Rainbow Specials turn 5 wks on Monday as well. The box mine came in said they were hatched at 5 am on Mon, Sept 21st.

It still find it amazing that the chicks can hatch, are sexed, immunized (I paid for Mareks), put in a box and on a plane from Ohio to Seattle, road trip to my P.O the next day and all 26 they shipped are alive and well 5 wks later.

Mine did not say where they came from, only said MPC on the box. No paper work , nothing.

So I did not know when they were hatched and just guessed on Sun or Mon. They did ship on a Mon. So do you think they hatched on monday too?​

8. Starla

Starla In the Brooder

Aug 20, 2009
    ~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

who did you order your chicks from? I would LOVE to buy EE pullets!!! I don't know the guessing game [​IMG]

9. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Starla, I ordered them from My Pet Chicken. They had a special for 25 pullets. I got all EE's, 26 in fact.

These were the 8 I got to keep. I found good homes for all of the others. My son and I picked out 8 different looking ones so we might get a variety.

I must say they change so much. They dont look anything like they did as newborn chicks.

They say they only have a 90% gaurentee but so far I think all of mine are pullets. [​IMG]

10. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    It is crazy how many different colors there are. I love mine, which I got from MPC also. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by