updated pics of MPC EE's 5 wks old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Whirlwind, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Here are some updated pics of my EE's I got from MPC. They will be 5 weeks old on Sun or Mon. All are supposed to be pullets. It sure is hard to get them to stand still enough for a photo shoot. [​IMG]

Tempi Copper
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Arrow Chocolate
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bear Taffy
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sadie Cat
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice birds!!![​IMG]

3. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] What cuties!

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    I sure love all the different colors of EE's you got.

My Rainbow Specials turn 5 wks on Monday as well. The box mine came in said they were hatched at 5 am on Mon, Sept 21st.

It still find it amazing that the chicks can hatch, are sexed, immunized (I paid for Mareks), put in a box and on a plane from Ohio to Seattle, road trip to my P.O the next day and all 26 they shipped are alive and well 5 wks later.

Thanks for sharing pics. Keep us updated please.

5. sassychiken

sassychiken Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    Very pretty girls!!! A couple of them almost look hawklike! [​IMG]

6. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    your EE all look like pullets so far and very pretty.

7. Whirlwind

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    ~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

My Rainbow Specials turn 5 wks on Monday as well. The box mine came in said they were hatched at 5 am on Mon, Sept 21st.

It still find it amazing that the chicks can hatch, are sexed, immunized (I paid for Mareks), put in a box and on a plane from Ohio to Seattle, road trip to my P.O the next day and all 26 they shipped are alive and well 5 wks later.

Mine did not say where they came from, only said MPC on the box. No paper work , nothing.

So I did not know when they were hatched and just guessed on Sun or Mon. They did ship on a Mon. So do you think they hatched on monday too?​

8. Starla

Starla Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2009
    ~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

who did you order your chicks from? I would LOVE to buy EE pullets!!! I don't know the guessing game [​IMG]

9. Whirlwind

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Starla, I ordered them from My Pet Chicken. They had a special for 25 pullets. I got all EE's, 26 in fact.

These were the 8 I got to keep. I found good homes for all of the others. My son and I picked out 8 different looking ones so we might get a variety.

I must say they change so much. They dont look anything like they did as newborn chicks.

They say they only have a 90% gaurentee but so far I think all of mine are pullets. [​IMG]

10. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    It is crazy how many different colors there are. I love mine, which I got from MPC also. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by