Updated pics of my butterscotch call ducklings..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AliciaM, Jun 30, 2010.

1. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Here are a few pics of my butterscotch call babies...and one thats not a butterscotch... (what color is she?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] They are precious. Gotta love those Calls.

3. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Pretty! [​IMG]

4. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    The one that isn't a Butterscotch looks like a Blue Fawn. [​IMG]

Congrats! They're gorgeous!

5. AliciaM

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Thanks... Blue Fawn... cool.. I have a blue fawn adult male also... Unrelated... I might set them up as a pair next year..

Also.. Im looking to rehome a couple adults.. Pastel drake.. and black and white female.. and maybe a snowy drake...If anyone from BYC is interested, Id rehome them with no fee.. Just a promise of a good home...Must be in Washington state....

Thanks.

6. AliciaM

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Can anyone tell me if any of these ducklings are show quality? Not realy major shows, just like local fairs and such... And if so, how do i get them show ready?

Thanks again.

7. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    re: showing -- I've had sort of a similar question. Our local fair has had precious little in the some of the fowl exhibitions I've been to. I think it's great for people to see the amazing variety of ducks and chickens (always one of my favorites when I went as a kid). I have some nice Runner ducks and Silkie, Polish and porcelain d'uccles chickens, but not necessarily show quality. I've been tempted to enter them just to give a bit more variety at the exhibits. Are there any of you who show at local fairs who have an opinion on that?

Not meaning to get off topic - I think these call ducks are gorgeous and I would love for an opportunity to see something like them at our local fair (though I know precious little about actual standards).

8. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:they are pretty nice type wise and have nice heads, but the color is way off for a butterscotch......
    they would do just fine in local fairs.... we show to have a good time and meet lots of people.... kids really enjoy it too.

9. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    aww they are so pretty

10. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I really like Calls [​IMG] Are they loud?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by