1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Updated Pics of My Show Muscovies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rosecomb-Ryan, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    When I got these guys they were in bad condition. They needed some serious work.. I need to find my before pics so you can see the difference. The people I got them from said they were all fighting and such so they were all ratty looking and most feathers were broke.. LOOK AT THEM NOW! [​IMG] All of them are waterproof now execpt the Blue Male the refused to go in the pool until today he figured it wasnt so bad afterall. He only swam in a tub until today [​IMG] I love the first pic! He is like WOW that looks DEEP! The last picture is of my first Muscovy I ever had. Just havent been able to sell her. She is such a good mother.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Ok, I have 3 before pics! The first pictures is the same hen above that is preening! Isn't there a big change! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Duckies swimmin in the pool [​IMG] They look very healthy and pretty!!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Now I know why ducks look like they are always smiling: they enjoy the small things in life.

5. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    LOL Here is a pic I missed! When I let them out some of the girls got in a hurry to get in the pool!
    [​IMG]

6. Parrotchick

Parrotchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2009
    Boonsboro MD
    Oooooh, what pretty, happy ducks you have! My ducks and I want to move in with you! They have little kiddie pools and I have a pop-up pool, but I sure would love to have an in-ground one some day. Lucky ducks indeed!

How long do they stay in the pool and how does it keep from getting too yucky for you to swim? (Pop up pools have lousy filter/pump systems and maintenance is nearly impossible). I guess the chlorine isn't an issue for the ducks either? I tossed my chicken a bug that I plucked out of the pool, then quickly grabbed it back when I realized it was probably saturated with pool chemicals.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    how beautiful, you have done a great job on bringing them back. I think we'd all like to move in with you my ducks have their bags packed

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Amazing what good care can accomplish. You've done well with them RR. Congratulations on your efforts.

9. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] Thank you so much! My Ducks get to be in the pool once a day for sure.. Usually for an hour or so but sometimes all day.. The person that takes care of our pool weekely and puts extra clorine in it so it doesnt turn green just a little foggy. He says it will be simple to bring back when we are ready to swim in it again.The ducks get to swim in the pool more in the Winter than the Summer. Ive never had a problem with them in the Pool. Truthfully.. We only swam in the pool maybe 6 times last year.. And it was spotless. I guess we wanted the pool so bad but we dont use it that much! Haha I tell my mom is has to get some use and that it does!

HAHA! Come on over! Geese are Welcome too [​IMG]

10. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    nice scovies i have some that are showable- a black, blue, and two chocolates

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by