1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Updated pics of PO Survivors PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bluehenlover, Apr 12, 2008.

1. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    I did get my new shipment of peeps, all arrived safe and sound. I thought I would share some pics of the babies that survived the 5 day trip through the mail;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    NO! I dont hand feed treats! There is no evidence to support that what so ever! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    In case anyone is wondering, there is a Silver Laced Standard cochin pullet there, a welsummer roo, two welsummer pullets, a SL Wyandotte roo, SL Wyandotte pullet, 3 Cuckoo Marans pullets, A Blue Wyandotte roo, and two blue wyandotte pullets. All 3 of those roos were supposed to be pullets... I did order two Blue Wyandotte cockerals, but they were DOA. (they were marked) I sure hope my replacement order is better on the sexing! I have two marked blue wyandotte roos, and we will see how many of those pullets develope large wattles. Lets see, out of the origonal order, they're sexing accuracy was 90%

4. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    They are sure pretty!!

Did you JUST get these thru the mail??? I didn't think they could ship such big chicks!! How do they survive the trip??

(Forgive my ignorance [​IMG] ...I'm new to this)

5. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    Thanks!! LOL- No, I could have worded that better. These guys were shipped as day olds, got lost in the mail and I got them on day 5. These are the twelve survivors from that box. ( they are 5 weeks old now) The other 19 were DOA. The hatchery sent me a new order, I got those last week. [​IMG]

6. Gindee77

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Oh wow! You must have been frantic when they were lost in the mail!! [​IMG] It's amazing that many survived!!

They're sure beautiful chickens!

7. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    Thanks- they are going through that fugley juvenille stage! LOL But I think they are gorgeous anyway... [​IMG] Yes, its amazing these guys survived, a few were still dying when I picked them up, the rest were standing on the dead cheeping their heads off- and that box STUNK. I was frantic, p*ssed off and heartbroken. :thun
    :thun:hit [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    The Silver Laced Roo that looks like he's going to climb in my hand ( he does, all the time) jumps in my hand, and tries to peck me in the eye. [​IMG] He's quite the character, he has been since he was a fluff ball. He's so friendly. [​IMG]

9. Gindee77

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    It's funny how their personalities come out, even at a young age!! [​IMG] I can't have any roos (neighbors may complain). I'm really worried that some of the chicks I'm getting so attached to are roos! [​IMG]

I posted pix but it may be too early to tell. [​IMG]

10. bluehenlover

Jan 5, 2008
    Where are your pics and I'll see if I can tell..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by