1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Updated Pics of RuPaul my Barred Rock from Speckledhen

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lockedhearts, Jan 11, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Anyone who has been here awhile may remember Ru, Cyn and I went back & forth on was he a he or a she for months. Snapped these today, am getting ready to move some BR girls in with him, right now he is in with an EE, 5 White Rocks and a Blue Orp hen. He is pretty laid back and a big CHUNK! This year I am going to play around with breeding him and see if he passes the "dark" gene to his offspring, he seemed to inherit the gene from his mother, Zoe, she is darker than most BR hens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, now I've gone from Pea Green, straight to Neon Green with envy! I don't think Cyn needs to worry about Cetawin stealing all of her roos with you around Lockedhearts! You're doing a fine job of hoarding them all to yourself just by performing "rescues"! [​IMG]

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:RuPaul was hatched from eggs last year, he was the First offspring of Zoe (who I now have) she passes on the Dark Gene to some of her boys. In fact I sold 2 Pair of BR's last year and it turned out one of the girls was a rooster. When Ru was first hatched his name was Shaq, he literally hatched feet first and had HUGE feet(he still does) after the months of trying to figure out if he was he or she I changed his name to RuPaul!

4. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaaah! OK, now I get it! DOH!

ETA: But I'm still Neon Green with Envy! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Oh my goodness..........I love Ru's.....rumpus! [​IMG] He is hugely handsome!

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hmmm so does he wear the hen's clothes when they aren't looking? He's a handsome guy, much more masculine than RuPaul ever was lol!!

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Ru is just Chunky all over!!!!!! When he jumps down from the roost, the ground shakes. His mother, Zoe is a good sized Hen too. I am not sure but I think Dutch is Ru's father, Cyn would have to confirm that as the eggs came to me before I got Mace and Girls.

8. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:You, know, I am afraid to find that out.......[​IMG] I swear one day he had lipstick on his beak though [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is an unusual rooster. He is Dutch's son, I think. Gosh, it's been so long! Definitely Zoe's son, that girl has odd children.

10. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I think he is Dutch's son, he is not real tall but definitely needs a "Wide Load" sign when traveling [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by