Updated Pics of Swedish Flower Hen

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
that is unusal that they are called SF hens even the boys- kind of like showgirls even the boys. I noticed that some have "head gear" and some don't and those that do it's not the same type of head gear. is there a standard for these, i know they are a new "old" breed.

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
B E A UTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! oh wow
can i have some

oh wow love them!! love the roo hes what i invision when i thing rooster full of color and just full of beauty

Duemig10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Garner, NC
Quote:I have I male with "head gear" feathered head crest and 2 females with feathered head crest That is why they look different. The rest of my flock have no crest. I purchased these directly from Greenfire Farms.

Duemig10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Garner, NC
Quote:Thank you....they are going to start laying soon. I have more hens but they were not cooperating yesterday for the photo shoot....

NanaLantana

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 7, 2011
Lantana, Florida
Oh, wow - lovely. Never heard of the breed, but it brings to mind 'rosemaling', that lovely colorful painting they do in Sweden. The colors are gorgeous. Where'd they get the hats? Sweden?

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
Quote:Thank you....they are going to start laying soon. I have more hens but they were not cooperating yesterday for the photo shoot....

would you conciter sending some eggs when they are ready.. lol i was looking for some new chickens to complete my pet flock
i was thinking i need something differant i have RIR and BR i need some color in my flock

Top Bottom