Updated pics of The Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JusticeFamilyFarm, Oct 3, 2011.

1. JusticeFamilyFarm

JusticeFamilyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Southern California
    The Coop is just about done, other than the rain gutter, some minor changes and some better latches for the nest box doors (they don't close flat [​IMG] ). We also changed the chain used to open the chicken door to a rope with a pulley so it can be closed and opened with out having to reach all the way across to the door. We had to do that because we also had to add some higher fencing where the "walk way" from the coop to the run is... the goats were laying on top of it and it was only a matter of time before it would collapse. Ugh. Why didn't we think of that when we were adding the walkway? We know the goats get into everything and climb on everything. Oh well- hopefully fixed now. Soon we hope to get an automatic coop door, but we have to figure out how to configure our door to a slide up open, instead of a swing open door. [​IMG] Thanks for looking!

Pics are here: www.thejfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

2. Cherstin

Cherstin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    Ooooh, I love it! Thanks for sharing the pictures ... it looks like you guys really had fun! [​IMG]

3. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that looks really nice! Funny pic with your SO having to squat down to put in the door lifter. Sounds like something we would do. lol.

4. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    WOW it looks great! I bet your chickens are happy they have a coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by