Updated pics of the little mystery bantam!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Appaloosa Hill Farm, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    This one is STILL killing me!! What is s/he? (Again, I think this one's a roo...) It has feathered feet, is somewhere between 4-5 weeks old, and is a bantam. At first I though d'Uccle, but there isn't a beard that I see. Doesn't look a THING like my cochin, but who knows? Can you tell me what s/he is? Thanks for looking!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just for fun, him (?) in the "Bachelor Pad" with all the other single teen-aged roos! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Don't know what they are, but the first one looks like a pullet. An the 2nd one looks a lot like a rooster.

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
  4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    1st one is a golden sex link, the second one.... i have NOOOOOO idea! sorry! where did you get it from?

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Agreed!

O, and Blue Cochin bantam?

Both roos.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  6. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Thank you for the replies! I agree with the red sex-link roo. I had assumed it was a bantam because it was so tiny when we got it, but now that its gotten older, it's kind of 'caught up' with the 'normal' sized chicks.

The second one came from the bantam bin at TSC. I know, I know...but they were so cuuuuuuuuuuute and so tiiiiiiiiiiiiny. I just couldn't stop myself! It's the smaller of my two bantams. My bantam Cochin is the same age and is noticeably larger. If it helps, those are my hands and I wear a small ladies' or child's regular glove. (I wish my hips followed suite....[​IMG] [​IMG] )

7. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Quote:Agreed!

O, and Blue Cochin bantam?

Both roos.

I wondered that very thing, but he is so completely different from my other cochin! His stance, wing carriage, type, and foot feathering are all vastly different from the my cochin. They are the same age and where this one is almost fully-feathered, the cochin is almost completey downy. I'm at a loss!

8. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Anyone else care to hazard a guess as to the identity of the last chick? I've already asked him if he's Clark Kent/Superman....alas, no answer. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Alrighty, new pics! Let's see if this mystery can be solved!!!

10. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Looks just like my cochins at that age. Except the coloring. But the feathering looks the same. Maybe it is just different from your others because it is from a different line or something. Or maybe it is a mutt?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by