UPDATED PICS ON 03/01/09 MY OTHER 2 CHICKS WHAT SEX?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bock_Bock, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    my naked neck/turkin but can you tell if its a roo or pullet?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next is my black and white is it a roo or bullet and what breed is ot could this color be a EE?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and last but not least is eathier a golden laced wyandotte or a EE what do you think and is it a roo or pullet?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for taking you time to look thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I don't think the last one is a GLW, the gold doesn't line the feathers, its more like gold barring.

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    The last one Is an EE . We need better pics of the chicks combs to tell sex and i think they are still a little young to be able to tell

4. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    The last one looks like an EE beacause its legs are dark. The second chick has yellow legs so I don't think it's an EE. I can't tell their genders, when I look at my chicks I kind of guess based on their personalities. Cute NN you have there.[​IMG]

5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok i will wait another week and then post picks again they are 2 weeks old as of now and none of them really have any comb at all, and i was hoping for an ee or a glw for the last chick so it doesnt bother me i am just happy i decided to keep on e befor ei sold them all thanks you guys

6. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    Quote:thank you i love the beard on it, it was my only NN to hatch out so i knew from the beggining i was going to keep it i really hope it is a pullet tho

7. Smartie_Pants

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Its going to be at least 4-6 weeks before you are going to know the sex.

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok i just figured by 2 weeks of age if they were roos atleast some of their combs would have started to grow but nothing yet

9. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i mean this chick was from the same brood of chickens and hatched the same time look at its comb development
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Smartie_Pants

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    That's a barred chick, they are easily sexed. And keep in mind, I can only speak from how mine grew, yours could grow faster or slower, but it took about 3-4 weeks for my EE roo to really get a comb on him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by