UPDATED Pics on 1st Post - We have babies!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mommto3kiddos, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I just went out to get eggs & heard peeping.. I couldn't resist so I gently lifted momma hen up and there were 3 little angels.. One all fuzzed up and 2 wet.. 4 more left.. I blocked the coop off to give her some quiet for rest of the day. Moved her food/water right up to her in the box and she stretched her poor neck out and scarffed it down.. Mr. Fluff peeked his head out while she was eating, so of course he (or she) needed a photo opt..

IM SO FRICKIN EXCITED!! These babies are on day 19/20!!!!

Here are our 3 babies so far.. Im in LOVE.. 2 are AmericanaX and 1 is a RIR chick!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. AlaskaGrownEggs

AlaskaGrownEggs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2011
    Wasilla, AK
    Congrats! They are so cute. They are little angels.

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mommto3kiddos

Mar 9, 2011
    I must say I am showing awesome self control.. [​IMG] I am leaving her be and fighting the urge to go peek every hour..lol I just go out and stand outside the coop and listen to the chirps!!!

5. mommto3kiddos

Mar 9, 2011
    I had to go put the other hens up and couldn't resist taking a couple pics before bed. Can't wait to see if more hatch tomorrow!! [​IMG]

ps - one was a black/dark americana - I was wanting one of these so bad.. **Squeels**

Pics on post #1

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by