1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Updated pics....WARNING...lots of photos

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 2mnypets, Aug 25, 2007.

1. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Finally got some new Lithium batteries yesterday for the camera and took some updated shots of everyone. It just amazes me how quickly these guys really do grow up. Hope you all enjoy them. My Black Langshans were hiding so no updated pics are available yet.

Momma's Boy - Poopybutt
    [​IMG]

"Say what?" This is my girl Olivia that preens me every chance she gets. She was also my computer buddy.
    [​IMG]

This is my BLS Faith that got attacked by her fellow flock and sustained some serious wounds. She's as healthy as can be now.
    [​IMG]

Here is a group shot. My NHR's were not cooperating with me yesterday, and ran every time I tried to snag a "Kodak" moment with them.
    [​IMG]

This is one of my Salmon Fav's Cherryblossum who is still as skittish as ever!
    [​IMG]

Here is Lemondrop. Now that she is molting, the mottled look is starting to come in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Keith our Silver Laced Polish. He's got a hard bump on the right side of his back. I think it's a skeletal deformity of some kind.
    [​IMG]

Henry our Spitzhauben was not being very helpful when I was trying to snap these pics. He wouldn't stand still for nothing.
    [​IMG]

This is Butterscotch our Buff Laced Polish. He reminds me of the character Jeff Spicoli on Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    [​IMG]

Rita who is one of our Lt. Brahma's likes to think she is Queen Sheeba.
    [​IMG]

Here is Cleo one of our EE's in a shot with Lemondrop.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least is Rootbeer. What more can I say?
    [​IMG]

2. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    They are adorable!!! Thank you for sharing!!

3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    can u say spoiled looking chikcken lol [​IMG]

4. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I agree that she and all the rest are very spoiled. Rootbeer is on the bottom of the pecking order and her back under the diaper is completly bald and healing. She does live outside mainly with the rest of her flock, but when they feel the need to pick on her, well she just comes inside and gets the diaper slapped on her. She's starting to play with the new kittens now and it's a riot. They pounce up and down and she chases them around the room. My hubby came home from work yesterday to find our friends 13 month old daughter (who I was watching) wobbeling after Rootbeer who was chasing the kittens who were chasing after a cricket that got in the house. He just shook his head, started laughing and went and sat down in his reclyner. Wish I had grabbed the camera cause everyone except the cricket ended up in my hubby's lap.

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Nice chicken diaper I want to get one for my lap silkie sammy hes a really stinky boy by any chance can you give me the website where you purchased it?.

6. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    The website is http://www.chickendiapers.com/ It's a wonderful website chocked full of information. I received my diaper in the mail yesterday, and I orderd it I think this last Saturday the 18th. It took me like 3 time to really read and understand the directions, but once I did it was simple. You will need another set of hands for the first time you put the diaper on the chicken. Once you figure it out and how and where to place your hands then it's a lot easier. Rootbeer did a lot of pecking at it...especially the elastic that goes around the wings. After awhile though, she just ignored it. It worked really well too. Email me if you have any other questions. Will do my best to answer them honestly.

7. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Ya, I have looked at that site once I read it over atleast 5 times and I was like ok what measure ments where what? so if you could kinda explain it drop me and e-mail I will take a look at it once more and see if I can figure it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by