Updated Pics Welsummer? 28 Days .. Do you think it is a she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by michpetea, Aug 23, 2010.

1. michpetea

michpetea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Does my pip look like a bantam japanese rose-comb cross? This is what the young fellow Fur and Feather club who sold her/him to me said. Very lively little one. Being raised by my EE right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TIA this is our first (other silkie/cochlin cross died) chick being raised from day-old

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. michpetea

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Edited.. Forgot to ask if anyone had ideas> she/he or breed.
    TIA

3. michpetea

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Any ideas? Anyone?

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Welsummer, I don't know if it's a hen or a roo though. Well, i'm thinking Welsummer, I don't know that for sure though. It also looks a little bit like an RIR

5. michpetea

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks. That is one of the types I was thinking of. She/he feathered right away and had the double tipped wings as a day old. Hard to tell when I have no one to compare her too [​IMG]

6. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    i think its a welsummer

7. michpetea

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Taking that she/he is a Welsummer, I'm still looking for ideas on sex? I thought it was one of the possibilities, but had been told different when I purchased the chick. Approaching 4 weeks, the markings are still the same. Anyone good at sexing Welsummers?

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:If any black feathers show up in the chest- it is a male. So far looks like a pullet. Mine usually show a big comb early on.

9. michpetea

Jun 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    She/he still has the fluffy chest. The comb still is just at the beak and yellow. Is there any truth to the eyeliner markings and v head markings indicate a pullet? Because there were lots of EE's around, she may be a cross too. She isn't as big as other chicks the same age. Thanks for the help so far [​IMG] We'll have to rehome if she is a he.

10. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    If it's a Wellie, it's a pullet. Is it possible to get a closer shot of the feather pattern and the eyeliner on this bird?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by