Updated pictures of Blue and Black copper chicks !

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
I think I have two cockerals and four pullets. They are wonderful and are getting friendlier. The two cockerals are getting pink combs and are much bigger and less feathery. My favorite turned out to be a pullet !!! They are spending a few days a week mostly outside now and are getting some treats like yogurt also. Now it a constant battle to keep them in the brooder! sometimes I will come in and all of them will be perched on the side.

I made a new site here it is : http://www.freewebs.com/henryshens/

Here
are two pics of the blue cockeral he is a big boy!
DSCF1855.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

Here is my favorite little blue pullet out on an adventure from the brooder:
DSCF1858.jpg

Hey put me down !
DSCF1859.jpg

Here is a little black pullet who is a big calmer (sorry about the bad pic)
DSCF1860.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Henry

Thanks jossane they are very large chicks the biggest I have ever had ! I have had allot of fairly heavy breeds to so I think it may be that these are not hatchery chicks and are of great quality.

Henry

Hey Henry, not trying to thread crash, but not three minutes ago I sent an update pic to a friend of mine of a pullet I call Chickzilla because she just seems to grow so fast. She is fully feathered and is starting to grow wattles already, which are kinda pink. She is no more than eight weeks old at this point, I'm sure. Take a look. I have not been raising chickens for long at all, just this year. Is this big, or average for a eight week old pullet? She is in an XL wire dog crate, just for scale.
7wks.jpg

Last edited:
onthespot She is very big for a 7wk old I think at least ! also very well feathered! here head coppering is amazing for a copper marans pullet of her age she will be great in your breeding program ! if you are looking for a blue copper cockeral I may offer this guy up soon because I may not be able to keep a rooster. He is from Wade Geane bloodlines! What blood lines are yours from? if I do keep a cockeral I would love to trade eggs in early summer!

Henry

Last edited:
Quote:
I remembered that I took the pic and waited several days before I posted their first baby pix, so she is probably eight weeks old. Sorry. She is from seller bayhorsebonne who told me that these eggs were F1 cross between Wade Gene and Ron Presley lines. Her mother is my darkest layer Tipsy. Chickzilla hatched from one of these exact eggs.
maranspulleteggs.JPG

Her mother is shiney black with nice coppering on her neck. Her comb is a bit floppy, but besides that she looks pretty nice. She was slower to develop and slower to feather than the others in her clutch, which makes me think she might have one of the various slow feathering genes... (just trying to be up front.) There was a cockerel same age as Chickzilla and from the same eggs above that I culled at six weeks because he was so fast growing and testosterone acting that he was jumping the backs of younger chicks and pecking others and just looking for trouble all the time. When I petted his back I SWEAR he had semen. Yes, semen, at six weeks. There is some kind of early developing genes here. Hope she doesn't start to lay to quick and hurt herself. I believe this is who her father is. He is my favorite roo, very mellow, very correct conformation, way too much brown on him, but hatched from a nice dark egg. This is a picture of him at six months old.
chesteroct08.jpg

Sorry, edited for clarity and acuracy

Last edited:
They are beautiful birds. She is pretty big for a 8 week old still. I do have one very independant quick feathering little girl that is just awsome! Mine hatched from pretty dark eggs. Those eggs are beautiful! was she hatched by a broody? I can't wait till I have a broody !!! I am sorry that little cockeral was so aggresive. My two little boys are already trying to defend their hens and sometimes peck at my hands but I put them in their place by picking them up. I do not have younger chicks in with them so bullying should not be to big an issue.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom