Updated Pictures of my Birthday Babies (5wks Later)!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reyvaughn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I can't believe today is 5 weeks. I feel like such a bad mommy, too. I haven't done anything with these guys at all. I've been to busy with my laying hens, the bantam Cochins and building a new coop. They look wonderful, though. The Delawares are actually curious and kind of friendly because of their curiosity!

These are Delaware pullets, blue laced red Wyandottes and blue Wyandottes from Privett Hatchery. There is also a blue Orpington, two lavender Orpingtons and a blue standard Cochin in there that I got from Tammy, a BYC member.

This is only their second time outside!
    (They are under a blue tarp.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Delawares
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course... They are hatchery stock, so a hand full have the wrong comb and the colors are something to be desired. I'll keep the pullets, but I am only keeping the nicest rose combed cockerels (one blue laced red and one blue). Culling will be done when I hatch out babies, though...
    [​IMG]

Somehow they got out of the dog run and they were out running around free and after 8:30pm. They were easy to corral and get inside though!
    Poor, poor babies...

-----------------------------------------

I also wanted to show off the Orps and the Cochin! I am in love with my Cochin - I sure hope it's a pullet! I am seriously thinking it's a cockerel, though.

Blue Standard Cochin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Blue Orpington:
    [​IMG]

Lavender Orpingtons:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. chickenbythesea

chickenbythesea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Nova Scotia
    they all look great! wish we could keep that many but will have to be satisfied with the 9 we have (for now... trying to find a way to convince hubby to build another coop [​IMG])

3. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Awww, so cute!!!

4. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    They're adorable and very beautiful!

Quote:That's how many chickens I have and that's what I'm trying to convince my hubby to do so I can get more![​IMG]

5. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Quote:That's how many chickens I have and that's what I'm trying to convince my hubby to do so I can get more![​IMG]

That's not even half the flock. I have over 80 total and another 56 eggs in the 'bator. I am trying to get some more... My husband is beyond annoyed, but he sees it makes me happy, so he grits his teeth and goes on to work to pay for my new hobby!

Thanks for the compliments! I can't wait for them to fully feather! I already have their 6-12wk grow out pen ready! Oh, I'm getting serious now... I have age specific grow out pens! Hubby's in trouble now. [​IMG]

6. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    They are AMAZING!! My hubby thought he was safe for a while since I didn't have a coop...then one of my church friends gave me his coop. All I have to do is take it apart, move it, and put it up at my house! So now he has no clue as to when I will get them! After 16 years, he doesn't get surprised by much when I want something. LOL

7. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I love your story and your page. 80 indeed! And I thought 22 was a lot for a newbie! Your birds are beautiful!

8. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Quote:In the last few months, I have learned a lot and been through a lot. I have had to deal with spraddle leg, a waterer drowning, sour crop, massive feather picking, space issues, head tumors, processing, cocci (about 5 rounds now), failure to thrive, many weird egg adventures, snakes, chickenstocks, genetics... Who knew? I've always been a horse person, and compared to these chickens, I think they are easier!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by