updated pictures of my coop, complete with chickens!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stormylady, May 7, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Well we made the improvements that were suggested what do you think, Im very proud of it, I purposely not showing outside cause it need paint. LOL[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The chicken really seem to enjoy there new found freedom the last picture is my son that did the majority of the work. Hope you like it. Sandy
    we built the nest boxes in off the wall, and did the roost bars the same. the roost are about 4 ft. tall and the nest boxes about 2 and a half feet up off the ground hope I got those right. Any suggestion for improvement? All the windows and vents at the top are covered in hardware cloth, and we have the pophole covered so they will stay in there a week or so to get use to there new home, but they spent last night out there for the first time and the boys went out and checked on them thru the windows and everybody was on the roost just sleeping away, So I quess there happy little chickies! Sandy Oops just noticed I put two pictures of my son on here sorry! LOL

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    looks great:)

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    that's a nice coop.

4. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Thank you! it was our first attempt at a coop! I think it turned out well.
    Sandy.

5. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    its a 12x12 and there is 39 chickens in there and you would never guess it! they have mega room to roam or stretch out and be comfy, sure beats that little box they were in in the house! LOL

6. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Nice job. Wow:eek: thats alot of chickens.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Looks good to me!

now lets paint it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by