Updated Pictures, what kinds of chicks?

clkingtx

Songster
10 Years
Dec 1, 2009
Hello, I have a few updated pictures of my surprise specials from Ideal. I know I have a lot of EEs, but what else do I have? I guess the red ones are rir or pr(how do you tell the difference?), but what about the white, and buff colored ones? Also there is a cinnamon colored one I am kind of curious about(I am thinking EE), there are lots of EEs.
cinnamon and barred rock? what about others?(they are bantams)
45222_chicken_pics_and_pregnant_onion_065.jpg

45222_chicken_pics_and_pregnant_onion_073.jpg

45222_chicken_pics_and_pregnant_onion_033.jpg

45222_chicken_pics_and_pregnant_onion_032.jpg

45222_chicken_pics_and_pregnant_onion_030.jpg

They are growing so fast! I am enjoying trying to figure out who is what
smile.png

Thanks,
Carrie

Last edited:
I am not really going to be of much help, aside from suggesting to check out feathersite's website to try and figure it out. Also, I just had to say that these little babies are AdoRAble!!!!
smile.png
How many do you have?

I see also some Black australorps, Ameracauna, Buff Oringtons, Rhode Island Reds, and 1 or 2 Black jersey Giants. Get some more pictures of them in little groups. Sort by color and put the ones that look a like and put them in little groups and I can do that for you. I know this is a mess but I hope that you get some help from it. Thank you.

This may help you. These were my chicks that I got last spring. EE's can look so different though. You are correct on the BR. 3rd pic down, the one standing in front, looks like an EE.

Ok, for the picture below. From left to right, starting at the waterer: EE, red sex link, light brahma, RIR. In the middle is a BO. Last row, left to right, is a BR and sicilian buttercup.

IMG_0584.jpg

That helps a lot, new2chooks. I think I have some of each of the kinds in your picture. That really helps, seeing them like that!

I will take more pictures as suggested, thanks. That is a good idea.

I have about 80 chicks. I am just brooding these for my mom. I have 25 pullets coming this week, and I will be keeping 6 or so of them(we can't have roosters in my city).

I will get more pics and post them when I am able.

Thanks, everyone!

Carrie

Ok, some more specific pictures:
a banty that I didn't think was going to make it
45222_2chickensandmore_027.jpg

45222_2chickensandmore_026.jpg

a white one
45222_2chickensandmore_020.jpg

a reddish one, I have a lot of these
45222_2chickensandmore_008.jpg

a barred rock? pullet? and unknown feather footed smaller chick
45222_2chickensandmore_006.jpg

a couple of beige ones, and another view of unknown feather footed smaller chick
45222_2chickensandmore_004.jpg

I also have one white chick with a couple of black spots on its body. I am guessing one of their spotted leghorns, since that is the only chicken with a couple of spots like that.
Does that help?
Thanks,
Carrie

Back
Top Bottom