Updated tractor pics

Burbs

Songster
10 Years
May 29, 2009
South East Idaho
This is the finished tractor from Fuzzy_Chicks original post. No chickens living here yet, still in the brooder. The wheel/lever mechanism seems to be working really well. The only mod I made was to move the hooks higher up on the frame of the tractor. When the wheels were racked into place it lifted the tractor too high off of the ground. We did a test run with the laying hens and they all made a break for it once one side was lifted. Now with the wheels in postion it is only off of the ground a couple of inches.

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

Heres the link to the original post. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169691

This looks great! It's just what I need for my tractor, but I can't find the parts! Neither my local Home depot or True Value had the hardware, and there's no Army Surplus around. I need help! I need alternatives. I need step-by-step directions with lots of photos (I'm a very visual person).

The best alternative I could find is a fixture at Home Depot that goes on the bottom of a post; it looks like a "U" with a 3/4" diameter screw coming out the bottom. Instead of the metal plate, I found a metal bar about 1" wide and 1/8" thick which I would have to cut to an 8" or 10" length with a hack saw and then see if True Value can drill holes in each end--one for the giant screw, and one for my wheel (12 1/2" bike tire from my kid's bike that I ran over in the driveway--oops!) I still have no clue what to do for a bar/lever. Do you think this will work? I am running out of ideas.

32733_wheel_assembly.jpg

Ok, so my drawing skills need some work...especially this late at night!

Back
Top Bottom