UPDATED w/pics! Olive Eggers - first & second generation - 10-12 eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Auction is for approximately half & half, first and second generation olive eggers. The first generation birds will lay about the color pictured in the auction photo; second generation birds will lay darker olive grees, so your egg basket should have some wonderful shades of olive green in it with these offspring!

I have an Easter egger gal that is "blue wheaten" colored that I use for the first generation eggs - she lays huge eggs and is quite pretty. Bred to my Black Copper Marans rooster, and her offspring are hatching about 50/50 blue and black.

My second generation gals are parented by a Black Copper Marans rooster and a purebred Blue Ameraucana hen, and bred back to my Black Copper Marans. All of their offspring has hatched solid black. They also lay a very large egg, and all of my olive egger gals are super dependable layers, laying 6-7 eggs a week!

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION. Payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern time the date the auction ends, and eggs will ship the following day.

Thanks for looking, and I will try to post pics of the hens the eggs are from soon!

Here is my "blue wheaten" colored EE that I for first generation olive eggers - it's not a great pic (I am not known for my picture abilities) - she's a really pretty gal, though:

[​IMG]

Here is the black colored first generation olive egger gal:

[​IMG]

And a few olive-colored eggs:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Wynette they are gorgeous. Would you keep me in mind for some of these when the weather cools a bit. It is too hot to get eggs here now. This heat wave caused my world to be turned upside down recently so no trying to get eggs here uncooked right now. Cyn can fill you in. [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:AWE - I'm so sorry to hear this - hope things are right side up now!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by