Updated with Coop pictures !! Getting closer!! Can't wait!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoffeeCow, May 22, 2010.

1. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    My new Chicks are shipping out on Monday!!

That means I will get them Tuesday or Wednesday (I am hoping Tuesday:D)
    We are getting 6 EE's 2 Delawares, and 2 Buff Orpingtons. I have the brooder all set up and waiting, and the coop is 90% done (I should post some pictures of it)

I know this is a pointless thread, but I have been waiting so long, I am about to explode with excitement [​IMG]

Edit:
    I added some pictures of my coop. they are a bit further down the page, tell me what you think!

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Mine come in two weeks June 2-5. [​IMG]

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Woo hoo, your chickies are almost there!! Pics of coop, yes!!

Congratulations! The fun is about to begin!

What kind of chickies? How many?

[​IMG]

4. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I have chicks coming on tues or weds too!

5. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I've got 6 speckled sussex pullets coming. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats CoffeeCow on your soon-to-be chicks. I wish you the best of luck with them.

I have chicks coming too, but not until June 9th. Trying hard to not get impatient.

7. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] NEW CHICKIES! SO EXCITING!![​IMG]

8. CoffeeCow

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    Here are a few pictures of my Coop. it is in a 20x20 building, as you can see, I built a wall to give them a 6'x20' coop. That should be more than enough for 10 chickens [​IMG]

This is the coop and part of the run. The other half of the building is basically a storage room.
    [​IMG]

This is the divider wall, do you think I need to put some chicken wire at the top? or will it be okay open like that?
    [​IMG]

This is inside the coop, I cut a hole for their door (these pics are from last week, I have since installed a guillotine style door)
    [​IMG]

This is the run, it is currently home to a white pond duck... long story there [​IMG] As I said, these are older pics (camera batteries are dead) I now have the door done, and I built a nice little deck for them to come out on. I hope they can walk up that long ramp.. hehe
    [​IMG]

Here is Mr. 5 Duck Duck, the current owner of the run. We got him 3 years ago. Someone brought him and 3 little ducklings to my wifes work (she is a Veterinarian) and said that the car in front of him mowed them down and kept going... there were 8 or 10 chicks. We assumed that the "momma" duck was female, so we named her Mrs. Duck Duck... but after she didn't lay eggs for 6 months, we figured out that she was a he. We didn't want to give him a complex by totally changing his name, so we just moved the . in it a bit, and made it Mr. 5 instead of Mrs (he thinks it was just a typo)
    [​IMG]

9. CoffeeCow

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    ooh yeah, the ducklings were wild, they grew up happy, and flew away when they were ready [​IMG]

10. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    I like the duck I would love ducks around here

But congrats on your upcoming chicks, their coop looks great

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by