UPDATEDw/PIC: Two new chicks....any idea what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DanceswLabs, Jun 25, 2011.

1. DanceswLabs

DanceswLabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Wake County, NC
    My daughter's friend gave her two chicks, and she thinks one of them is a barred rock. We have no idea about the other....any ideas from the chicken experts at BYC?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    The darker one looks just like my friends Silver Laced Wyandotte
    [​IMG]
    Not the best picture. I have no idea what the light one is. They are cuties!

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:Unless the lighting is really off in the picture, that is actually a gold-laced Wyandotte that your friend has. It's going to be a beautiful bird!

Danceswlabs, you definitely have a silver laced wyandotte. You can always tell them by their messy zoro masks (which are adorable).

I am not sure about the white chick, they are always really difficult to guess at such an early age. Keep posting pictures of them! They're so cute!

4. DanceswLabs

Apr 6, 2010
    Wake County, NC
    I do love the mask on the dark one. Well, time to start reading up on Wyandottes then. I love learning about new (to me) breeds by actually having them! I will post more pics as they mature.

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Quote:Unless the lighting is really off in the picture, that is actually a gold-laced Wyandotte that your friend has. It's going to be a beautiful bird!

Danceswlabs, you definitely have a silver laced wyandotte. You can always tell them by their messy zoro masks (which are adorable).

I am not sure about the white chick, they are always really difficult to guess at such an early age. Keep posting pictures of them! They're so cute!

The lighting is WAY off. Its really dark- my cell doesn't take the best pics. She's definately a silver laced [​IMG]

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Heehee, it sounds like my cell phone. Sometimes I wonder how I can tell that there are chickens in my photos.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    The dark one is a silver laced Wyandotte. [​IMG]

8. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Darker one is a silver laced wyandotte. the lighter one looks like some kind of cross breed.

9. DanceswLabs

Apr 6, 2010
    Wake County, NC
    Updating with pics. I guess they are about 5-6 weeks old now. Does anyone see any more clues about breed on the lighter chick. It is growing some darker feathers too. Also, is it too early to see signs of gender? The girl who gave them to us got them from the pullet bin, but you know how that is. ; )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. avalentine

avalentine Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2011
    San Francisco
    I have no idea what the lighter one is- sorry!- but WOW is she pretty! [​IMG]

I suspect there is a chicken master out there who will take one look and know. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by