Updates PICS of my muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jdywntr, Oct 2, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Here are some updates of my Muscovy. Unfortunately, I think I have 4 males and 1 female. [​IMG]
    My Female
    [​IMG]

My favorite male, calm and I love his color.
    [​IMG]

The largest male.
    [​IMG]

Another male, looks just like the female.
    [​IMG]

This one I'm still not sure about. Smaller than the males but bigger than the female.
    [​IMG]
    And for size comparison
    [​IMG]

And then there is Stinky. My muscovy rescue that turned out to be a ? Very nice coloring, white band on the neck. But no idea what he/she is.
    [​IMG]

2. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Very nice muscovies! And compliments on your pen. It looks so nice and dry! [​IMG]

3. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Thanks. but you should have seen it about 2 weeks ago. It rained almost daily and it was a mucky mess. They loved it though. [​IMG]

4. animalsRawesome

animalsRawesome Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Whew! Now I feel better. I thought I was the only one who couldn't keep their duck pen dry! [​IMG] LOL

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are beautiful! I wish I could get skovies again. Stinky has a pretty breast color, lucky if he is half skovie you wont have to worry about him breeding your females.

6. K4zn4v3

K4zn4v3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    Your biggest muscovy looks mean, but then again so did my drake and he was a major softy. [​IMG]

7. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Quote:He is actually a big chicken. [​IMG] I walk toward him he freaks and runs the other way.

8. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Love the colours! but then the majority of my birds are white [​IMG]

9. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Quote:I would love to have some white. I was thinking, in the future of getting some of the french stock whites. They sure are pretty. I do enjoy mine though. Wing clipping time is coming. I have seen my female get about 1 inch off the ground. DH is going to need to suck it up and assist. [​IMG] Unless anyone has ideas of how to clip muscovy wings by yourself.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I would love to have some white. I was thinking, in the future of getting some of the french stock whites. They sure are pretty. I do enjoy mine though. Wing clipping time is coming. I have seen my female get about 1 inch off the ground. DH is going to need to suck it up and assist. [​IMG] Unless anyone has ideas of how to clip muscovy wings by yourself.

I clip by myself. always have, just put them on a table in front of you or hold them under your arm and spread out their wing. It's really not hard. even wrap in a towel except for the wing you'll be clipping. I wait till they have gone into their house in the evening. easier to pickup then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by