Uploading photos

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by dak, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    I have never had issues before, but now I'm getting an error message saying I have the wrong file type. I checked the photos and they are JPEG. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks, Clare

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That seems to happen sometimes with pictures from some mobile phones. We're looking into it, but in the meantime you can try to open and save the picture in a photo editing program and then try to upload it.

3. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:This isn't from a phone. It is from an Olympus. I got a few to upload by unclicking the resize button, but it only works sporadically. I'll tinker, I'm just not that computer savvy. I didn't have the issue with DHs Nikon. Just sick of begging to use it. [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

weird. Can you email the photo that isn't uploading to [email protected] this domain and we can test it?

5. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:I just did (I think). [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Ok, I received the image and also couldn't get it to load.

Bad news: I thought it was due to the comma in the filename, but it wasn't that. The only other thing I could think was the filesize was pretty big. I resized it and it uploaded fine... but that could have also rejiggered the filetype problem too.

Good news: We're working on a new system that I've tested with your photo and it uploaded fine.

So, until we have the new system in place, please try resizing the image on your computer and upload or upload to a service like photobucker, etc.

7. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Quote:Thanks, I'll try.

8. project7030

project7030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    South Central Montana
    I've been getting the same message on most of the pix I try to upload. They're all jpegs out of my canon camera. I can only get about 1 out of 5 to upload.

Andrea

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I don't know if this is of any help. But I use a canon camera, and have never had a problem downloading pics to the PC and uploading to BYC.

I just tried uploading directly from the camera. (The same pic that I did a few minutes ago without problem) And I got the same error message.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by