uploading

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by 3forfree, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I had issues before trying to upload to a post and for a little while it worked, now it's not. THIS ISN'T FUN.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Are you using Internet Explorer?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Here are a few questions that will help us find, duplicate, and hopefully resolve the problem:

• What is the URL of the page that you got the error or had problems?
    • Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they? (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)
    • What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did.
    • How long has it been happening? If only one time, what day and time did it happen?
    • Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
    • Have you logged out, deleted your internet cache / browser history of files, logged back in, and tried again?
    • Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Firefox or Chrome)?

4. 3forfree

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    What is the URL of the page that you got the error or had problems?
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/651057/chicken-coop-from-trash-can-house/10
    Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they? (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)
    the box that I was replying to a post
    in gave me the error message Message was"temporary error please try again"
    What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did
    The ones that I was told to use in a previous post. Click on pic, click on open, click on submit.
    How long has it been happening? If only one time, what day and time did it happen?
    Too Long, all times of the day and night
    Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
    Internet Explorer 7
    Have you logged out, deleted your internet cache / browser history of files, logged back in, and tried again?
    yes
    Have you tried a different browser (we suggest Firefox or Chrome)?
    Have had trouble with both firefox and chrome sometimes byc wouldn't let me post at all.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm, that's odd that it would give you problems cross all your different browsers. I wonder if you have any internet securities type programs that aren't playing nice with the upload tool.

6. 3forfree

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    Not sure why anything does what it does. Some days I can skip through here and make posts, add pics, edit and not have a problem, then tomorrow tshtf.

7. 3forfree

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    did it again today 4-19-12 4:10pm trying to update my page.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by