1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Uploads are making me sad... help...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by HorseFeathers, Jul 9, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    OK. This is the thirtihundreth time I've had this problem. I click Uploads. I Browse and select one of my pics. I press Upload to BYC. Normal, right? Not for me!!! Even though the pic is a jpeg, the site thinks elsewise and tells me it's not. Help! I REALLY want to use this awesome BYC feature! I've kept my mouth shut for a while, because I didn't want to bother you guys... but... help me, mods and Nifty!!!

I was able to upload one single pic (of my gecko, go figure) before the feature decided it hated me. Any significance?

Is it just my computer? Does anyone else have this problem?

Can anyone fix it?

2. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I have the same problem. I posted a plea for help too.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm... it works fine for me. Can you copy and paste any error messages?

Is anybody else ABLE to upload? If others can then it may be something local to your computer? Are you out of storage space?

4. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I had the same problem. It turns out that the file was too large. I went back and compressed all my pics and it uploaded just fine then. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is![​IMG]

Michelle

5. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I can upload some of my pics but just a few. All the rest it says that they are the wrong img code.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Send me an email with the image and the image code that you are given: nifty @ backyardchickens.com (remove spaces)

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    What is an Image Code?

8. Nifty-Chicken

I need to see what you are seeing, so maybe screenshots of where you have a problem. Also send me a copy of the image you are uploading.

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I must be sounding like a real dummy [​IMG] , but how do I take a screenshot? [​IMG]

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Huh... I just tried again and it worked both times... I guess it fixed itself!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help and sorry for your trouble!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by