upset and panicking!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by perfectly_polish, Jun 14, 2008.

1. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I just went to lock up the chickens, and I noticed my lap chicken primo was not in his pen. Well today he was in with the older chicks, locked up, with no way out. I saw him about an hour an a half ago in with them, and then it started thundering so I went to go bring the chicks in and Primo is no where to be found. I thought maybe he had gotten out and took his usual place on his perch in the coop, but he wasn't there. There were no feather anywhere either. I looked under the coop, around it, in the yard and nothing! When I call him he usually comes running but he didn't this time [​IMG] I just don't know where he is or what to do! I have no idea how something could have gotten him, or how he could have gotten out. I just hope I see him in the morning. I am so upset, I loved that little bird so much. Please keep him in your prayers tonight and hope he's here in the morning [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sure hope you find him in the a.m. I know the panic I'd feel if one of my girls was missing. I'm so attached to all of them!

3. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    I sure hope Primo comes home.Isn't it funny how such a little creature can worm their way into your heart? Alot of people wouldn't understand how you feel, but I think everyone at BYC would.We all have a love for chickens...

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I hope he's home tomorrow!

5. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Awww I am thinking of you and Primo Hope he is there in the morning [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    He's around, just hiding. Don't worry. This has hapenned to me a few times
    and it's always my favorite chicken.

Always check the obious places first... It has been a stormy day here in CT.

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I hope he's there tomorrow! [​IMG]

8. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    It's so hard when they get out and do something like this. Like Purplechicken says its always a favorite. It's happened to me too. I hope in the morning you find him safe and sound.

[​IMG]

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    have you gone back out to look for him?

You and Primo are in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return...[​IMG]

10. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Maybe take out a flashlight tonight while its dark to look for him? I am doing it myself to look for a stray guinea... Even going to brave the condor sized mosquitos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by