Upset Today

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by annie3001, May 14, 2010.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    okay heres the thing, for the past 12 years i have been partime at my job. full medical benefits. flying benefits etc. now because of our economy instead of hiring more people we are now forced into full time.
    i am home early enough, to put my kids on the bus etc. now i have to depend on my father to help out. (hubby is at work) so this morning while at work, we offer pto (personal unpaid time off) most people dont care if you take it or not. but there are some people that work here, who think no pto should be given! its driving me insane!!! one person in particular!
    i am so mad! [​IMG]
    why cant i have the right if i want to go home early (as long as operations approves it)!! other people are jealous!!! ( i am not the breadwinner in the family, its more important to be home than spend another 2 hours each day and be here with miserable people~!
    plus the company saves money by me going home early!!! just really upset~~~~~ cant wait to go home now~~!!! [​IMG]
    some people here have no life outside this job!!! Well i do!!! excuse me!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

just had to vent. still dont feel better, but atleast its off my chest.

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

that stinks! probably people WISH they could afford to leave early and spend time with their kids too... but they can't. And since you can, it makes you the focus of misplaced anger/sadness etc. I am a HUGE fan of bringing baked goods in on a regular basis... maybe if you're leaving early every day, on Fridays you could bring in a bunch o' muffins or something, help people remember that it's not YOU that is driving them nuts, it's their own situation.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yeah. funny thing is, i am that person that will bring in the baked goods (once in a while).
    I do as i am told by all my peers at work (for the most part) .
    i follow instructions from supervision and behave like an adult (36yrsoldhumanyears)

just dont get people. so i sit here, waiting for the time to pass.... till i have to return from break. [​IMG]

4. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Part-time WITH medical benefits?! Wow, you don't know how lucky you are. When I worked as a part-time claims adjuster, I had no benefits whatsoever.

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yeah i have been at my job for 12 years. i am vested in the company. new hires dont get benefits with partime shifts. i am greatful. really i am. i have to bid for my shift every 6 months, the stress alone. ugh.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I guess I don't understand your post. If the company offers personal time off without pay, what does it matter to you what a co-worker thinks about it? It is none of their business--that is between you and your boss; if he/she approves it, then take the time. If it is the boss who says, "no," then was a reason given?

Some companies have flexible start/end times; perhaps you can schedule your beginning and ending times to better suit your family?

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    my post is more like a rant over a co-worker, whom hates it when i ask for early out at my job! i am now having to work a fulltime shift and i have alot to get used to. thats all.

it shouldnt matter to the co-worker, just made for an un-easy day today. thats all.

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Don't bother discussing it with a co-worker. Deal directly with your boss; if the co-worker brings it up, tell her that you are following company policy and have followed all the correct procedures; if she has a problem with it, she needs to address it with your boss or human resources.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Don't let a co-worker's problems become yours. I delight in ignoring people like that. If it's OK with management, do what you have to do. Be cordial, but ignore the trouble maker.

10. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    I understand what you mean about co-workers. I started my job as a 40+hrs full time employee. My job started with a certain set of responsibilities, but blossomed into helping where I was needed, when I was needed. Then came the economic downturn. My hours were cut to 30. I am only allowed to work that many, but would work more if they let me. However, when they told me, they were cutting my hours they said I could work the 30 hours however I wanted... 5 days of 6 hours, 3 days of 10.... you get the picture. The only stipulation was it had to be between Monday & Friday. I found a schedule that worked out for my family (my #1 priority), and have stuck with it. When I leave at noon on Thursday I get the comments from one person in particular. Things like "boy, it must be nice"... and so on. Actually, I would LOVE to work the 40-50 hours she works (she has been there for 18 years, & I have been there for 2). Low man on the totem pole was the one who got shorted the hours, but SHE seems to think it is something I asked for.

Bottom line in my situation is this: both she & I see the same situation from different perspectives, and both of us wish we had what the other one had.... so, I ignore her and make the best of MY situation and take care of my family. Her situation SHOULD be her focus, but isn't. I think someone else mentioned in a previous post that she is jealous. I would bet that is the case. She will either get over it or not. It isn't up to you to fix the way she sees things. Just take care of your babies & the Good Lord will take care of her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by