Upsidedown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Gallus Sapien, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Gallus Sapien

Gallus Sapien Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Hello, I am new to raising chickens and hatching eggs. I just candled my eggs (day ten), and found that one was put in the turner with the air sack down. Should I flip it or leave it? It looks fertile (37out of 42).

2. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

I would turn it right side up (large end of the egg up). Figure you got lucky it was developing but now that you know it was sitting the wrong way, just correct it and enjoy the rest of the hatching process.

3. Gallus Sapien

Mar 29, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Thanks! I just needed a push to do it.

4. MyShunshyn

MyShunshyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    Sperrassoville, OK
    I had the same problem with an egg that was kinda odd shaped with no obvious big end. Once it started developing I realized that is was in the incubator upside down so I marked the end with the air sack and put it back in. Fingers crossed ;) still 2 weeks to go.

5. Gallus Sapien

Mar 29, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Up side down egg was no good at lockdown[​IMG]

6. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Too bad. On the other hand, if for some reason the chick wasn't healthy, it saves you the heartache of it pipping but not hatching, or dying after it hatches or having some deformity. Trying to find the bring side. Other wise, I'm sorry. [​IMG]

(BTW, love your name Gallus Sapien. Nerdy and funny!)

7. Gallus Sapien

Mar 29, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Your right...About the egg and the name ...yet they were both worth thr try[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by