Upstate central New York

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by northeastDad, Mar 6, 2017.

1. northeastDad

northeastDad Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2017
    New York
    I'm curious as to other fowl breeders close by . I'm in schoharie county

2. scjcb37

scjcb37 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2017
    Hello northeast Dad!
    I know this post is a few months old but I came across it searching the forums looking for the same thing you were. Can I ask if you ever got an answer to your question? We are neighbors, I am in Otsego county. I am not really comfortable having chicks shipped to me and would like to find someplace close so I can drive and pick up. I am looking for true Ameraucanas. Love those blue eggs! Would love to hear what you have found :)
    -Chrissy

3. barn206

barn206 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2017
    Upstate ny
    Hi all
    I'm in Delaware county
    Chrissy have you tried frog pond near afton? It may be a little late now but in the spring they have a huge selection. Although I think they come from hatcheries.
    There is also a poultry auction in Chatham ny I've been meaning to check out.

4. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
  5. barn206

May 4, 2017
    Upstate ny
    Hi beer can
    Yes I went to the chicken stock in harpursville and met some great people!!! It was a good time!
    I saw central ny so I figured I would post.
    I'm actually looking for someone in the area that has an extra freedom ranger/ red ranger young rooster that they would be interest in selling. I'm looking for a sharp looking young rooster , taller / bigger than my heritage breeds. I'd hate to have to buy a minimum order of chicks especially this late in the season. By the time they would molt it would probably be cold weather wise. Also I'm looking to rehome my black jersey giants. Free to a good home. There is just a few and they are hatchery chicks.
    Just throwing this out there. I can always wait til next year nbd.
    I know there are people willing to part with a young rooster but I was hoping to find somebody close by. Up here we drive a lot... I'm looking for someone in this county or 10 or so miles outside of it

6. scjcb37

Mar 15, 2017
    Thanks Barn
    Thanks barn206! Will be checking out frog pond for sure. :)

7. barn206

May 4, 2017
    Upstate ny
    Your welcome
    Also there is an auction in unidilla every Wednesday at 1130 am.
    I think the name is D R chambers auction it's on maple street. I went last week and these were not hatchery chicks. It was very interesting and a huge selection of everything
    Good luck

8. scjcb37

Mar 15, 2017
    Thank you again barn206. Unadilla is easy for me! Do you recall seeing any Ameraucanas, Cream Legbar or EE? I am going to try and check this one out either this week or next, schedule depending. Awesome, looking forward to it! TY!

9. barn206

May 4, 2017
    Upstate ny
    Yes , they had Ameraucanas including ducks ,geese, quail, rabbits etc. after the 2 hour small animal auction then the cattle/goats etc auctioned off
    It was a blast

scjcb37 likes this.
  10. scjcb37

Mar 15, 2017
    Barn206, while i have not made it to the unadilla auction just yet, i have made it to Frog Pond and wanted to say thanks! That place is great! Will be returning in the spring for sure

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by