UPSTATE New York

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by RedHookNY, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RedHookNY

RedHookNY New Egg

Apr 21, 2007
    Anyone know of any swap meets held in upstate NY - Albany or Poughkeepsie area?

2. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    I don't know of any around here... but wanted to chime in and say HOWDY neighbor! [​IMG]

I live in LaGrangeville (next to the Town of Poughkeepsie off the Taconic)

[​IMG]

3. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    im in rochester mate!

4. RedHookNY

RedHookNY New Egg

Apr 21, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome.
    In case you weren't aware - there is a poultry show at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck on Saturday the 16th. as luck would have it, I'll be out of town - have to catch it next time.

5. aran

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    do any of you guys know of a state/county fair up this way where there may be baby pigs/goats etc for sale?

6. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Yes, I do know about the Poultry Show... been on my calandar for weeks... BUT... I am not sure I can make it. [​IMG]

I have been looking forward to it... But... My daughter has her Championship playoff game that day and I will have to drive up to Albany around 3pm to pick up my son & his friend.

I might be able to squeeze in a couple of hours tho.

[​IMG]

Hee hee....

Aran... I know the Dutchess County Fair will have a 4H fair I believe in August sometime. But I think that is too far for you to travel. Right?

But... you can go to this site and see if one is close to you...

http://www.nyfairs.org/fairdates.htm

It lists all the New York State Fairs.

Good Luck!

7. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Aran,

I am new to this and actually have no chickens yet. Putting in my order today. However we can only have hens in my neck of the woods ( just outside the Rochester, NY area ) and would like to find one silkie for the kids. I can't seem to order any as females only, so I'm looking for something local to buy just one.
    I did want to tell you that the Wayne county fair is coming in August to Palmyra and they have a fair amount of livestock there. I don't know if they are for sale though. My sister bought a bunny there 2 years ago. The kids are hoping to show thier poulty next summer. It's worth going to.

If anyone can help me find one silkie hen it would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie:D

8. aran

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    stephanie there was a farm just outside of rochester selling chicks but they were not sexed. I have silkies in the incubator right now...albeit i only have 4 good eggs so we will probably be keeping them. I might be up for trying to incubate another batch and you can take some of them if they hatch...what do you think?

9. aran

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    by the way stephanie can you tell me more about this fair in palmyra...when and where?

cheers

10. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by