UPSTATE New York

I don't know of any around here... but wanted to chime in and say HOWDY neighbor!
frow.gif

I live in LaGrangeville (next to the Town of Poughkeepsie off the Taconic)

big_smile.png

Thanks for the welcome.
In case you weren't aware - there is a poultry show at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck on Saturday the 16th. as luck would have it, I'll be out of town - have to catch it next time.

Yes, I do know about the Poultry Show... been on my calandar for weeks... BUT... I am not sure I can make it.
barnie.gif

I have been looking forward to it... But... My daughter has her Championship playoff game that day and I will have to drive up to Albany around 3pm to pick up my son & his friend.

I might be able to squeeze in a couple of hours tho.

fl.gif

Hee hee....

Aran... I know the Dutchess County Fair will have a 4H fair I believe in August sometime. But I think that is too far for you to travel. Right?

But... you can go to this site and see if one is close to you...

http://www.nyfairs.org/fairdates.htm

It lists all the New York State Fairs.

Good Luck!

Aran,

I am new to this and actually have no chickens yet. Putting in my order today. However we can only have hens in my neck of the woods ( just outside the Rochester, NY area ) and would like to find one silkie for the kids. I can't seem to order any as females only, so I'm looking for something local to buy just one.
I did want to tell you that the Wayne county fair is coming in August to Palmyra and they have a fair amount of livestock there. I don't know if they are for sale though. My sister bought a bunny there 2 years ago. The kids are hoping to show thier poulty next summer. It's worth going to.

If anyone can help me find one silkie hen it would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie:D

stephanie there was a farm just outside of rochester selling chicks but they were not sexed. I have silkies in the incubator right now...albeit i only have 4 good eggs so we will probably be keeping them. I might be up for trying to incubate another batch and you can take some of them if they hatch...what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom