Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
I received the following email:

Hi,

I’m researching a story for National Public Radio on urban chickens. I’m looking for people in Boston, New York, Baltimore, Washington DC, and other major cities who are raising chickens in their homes, backyards, balconies, etc. Is there anyone at Backyard Chickens who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Jenny

If you are raising chickens in an urban environment you should shoot her an email:

[email protected]

Oh... and make sure you / she mention BYC as much as possible!!!​

I know the point of the inquiry is "urban" chickens, because it makes interesting press. But maybe a few of us should e-mail that NPR person and briefly plug the growing trend of raising chickens in areas not traditionally associated with chickens (i.e. suburbia and non-farm areas). And of course, tout BYC as a source of info !

follow Terries lead...lock it and ask ppl not to read it
lau.gif

I would probably be a good example of urban chicken raising, in the middle of a neighborhood, in the middle of a city but I would be alittle afraid to draw that much attention to myself and my little flock. I guess danged if you do and danged if you don't because it could help others get started but it could also get the anti-chicken folks stirred up too.

Isn't that crazy to even have to debate letting folks know you have great pets?! No one thinks a thing about putting up or in a swimming pool and slopping around all summer making more noise than 100 chickens but that is not out of the norm I guess or the barking dogs!

Hopefully the writer found someone willing to help her out with her story?

Back
Top Bottom