1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Urban coop company

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mychickens5, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mychickens5

mychickens5 New Egg

Apr 5, 2016
    I ordered the starter coop from urban coop company for my buff orphington and black austrolorp. 2 large birds. Does anyone have any experience with this coop? Will it be ok for them? I didn't get the extra run extension

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm not familiar with that company but, a lot of pre-made coops, or coop kits are not large enough to hold as many birds as they say. Also they look nice but, can't stand up to weather extremes or predators. Rule of thumb is 4-5 sq. feet per bird inside the coop (excluding roosts and nesting boxes), and 10 sq. feet per bird in the outdoor run.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us.

I agree with DD's sentiments on prefab coops, but there can always be an exception to the rule! If you post on the "coops and runs" forum and include a photo of the coop in question, I'm sure you will get some feedback.

All the best
    CT

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You might check the Reviews on coops to see if any other members have posted about the coop in question. Hope it will work for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by