1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Urban Coop Update

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pasta514, Mar 31, 2008.

1. pasta514

pasta514 Chirping

Not a lot of progress on the coop this week. Made the mistake of consulting my brother. He is a genius designer and redesigned the whole roof/lid mechanism for me. In the meantime I wired the bottom of the coop and worked on a section of fence to enclose the yard so the girls can free range.

Here's my previous post.

Here are some current pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Crowing

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Don't you hate it when know-it-all brothers butt in? [​IMG] At least you got fencing up for the girls! Maybe you can find another project for your brother....unless you weren't being sarcastic when you call him a genius designer! [​IMG] If he is, then tell him to hurry up and get the coop finished!!

3. pasta514

pasta514 Chirping

He's designing it. I'm building. You can watch the ingenious design in action here:

VIDEO [​IMG]

more on the coop on My Page

he did make it sound a whole lot easier than it was. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  4. My husband has a brother like that! Have you thought about using smaller gauge wire like 1/2" x 1/2" to keep out weasels and snakes?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by