URGENT! 3, 1 Year Old Chickens MAY have swallowed Rat Poison

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sunnysongbird, Apr 7, 2012.

  1. sunnysongbird

    sunnysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

    216
    1
    91
    Jul 20, 2011
    Hey Forum,

    A few hours ago from the time I posted this, 3 of my chickens went inside the house, where there was Rat poison, because we're having a problem with Mice and Rats. The chickens came inside, and I'm predicting that they might have eaten the Rat Poison!!
    My brother came outside to the garage and he called me and told me that the door was open, the chickens then came outside. My brother is guessing they came inside when he came into the garage, and the Rat Poison brand is d-CON.
    Any help is appreciated :(
     
  2. jeepguy982001

    jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

    1,138
    16
    138
    Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    Sorry i don't have any advise to really help. Hopefully someone will help soon. If it were me i'd ditch the poison and just use traps. Even if they don't get into it they will eat a dead mouse and it could possibly get secondary poisoning. Anyway i hope all is going to be well with your chicken.
     
  3. klmclain1

    klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 14, 2011
    Go up to the Search bar at the top of this page and type in Rat Poison... then click on Search. You'll get a number of discussions regarding chickens and rat poison. See if you can find some help in those!!! [​IMG]
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by