URGENT; 3 Ducks w Respiratory Infection

DuckDaddy29

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2019
New Jersey
3 ducks seem to have a respiratory infection; 2 Indian Runners & 1 is a Mallard. They all seem to have a wheezing breathing noise, but the 1 Indian runner seems to be panicking / panting while breathing heavy with its mouth open. They are all 4-5 weeks old.

Would anybody know any type of at home remedy instead of taking a trip to the vet?

:idunnoI don't know but I would get them warm if you have them outside. I used to live in New Jersey,should be cold and damp right now. We have some great duck people here,you should be getting some help soon.:fl

I would use diluted Oxine. It saved are ducks. We put them in a box and used a cool-mist humidifier and it worked great!. You can also mist the pen. Here is a good article on it https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

thank you for your response.

A few questions we have;

how did you use the oxine? Like what did you do? I read the article but since it worked great for you, I would like to follow your steps in dealing with oxine.

they are currently in a plastic container, I saw you put them in a box, does it matter which they are in?

are they allowed to go outside during this oxine & humidifier time period?

Is there anything else you did for them during the time of when they had this issue? We are uncertain exactly what is wrong with them, but any other kind of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom