Urgent! 4week old chick not responsive, puffed up.

I got her from the feed store I work at about 2 weeks ago. The house I live in is 300 years old and I have them in my mud room which is why I had the heat lamp still on.

Just to show you how little heat chicks need by the time they are about 4 weeks old, I'll share a pic of some of this year's chicks I'm raising.

DSCN0788.JPG

Theses chicks are 4 weeks old and outdoors, with no heat at all. It was sunny on their first day out. It's been raining almost constantly since they moved out, last week, with the tarp providing a bit of extra shelter. Temps average about 45 to 50 degrees.
DSCN0763.JPG

The brooder room has a concrete floor, so the whole space maintains a near constant 45*. The only heat is that small area under the light. By the time they are 3 weeks old, the heat gets turned off so they can spend a week 'hardening off' before they go outside.

Just to show you how little heat chicks need by the time they are about 4 weeks old, I'll share a pic of some of this year's chicks I'm raising.

View attachment 1342082
Theses chicks are 4 weeks old and outdoors, with no heat at all. It was sunny on their first day out. It's been raining almost constantly since they moved out, last week, with the tarp providing a bit of extra shelter. Temps average about 45 to 50 degrees.
View attachment 1342083
The brooder room has a concrete floor, so the whole space maintains a near constant 45*. The only heat is that small area under the light. By the time they are 3 weeks old, the heat gets turned off so they can spend a week 'hardening off' before they go outside.
This it what it looks like today where I live though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom