1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

urgent: Anyone on the Oregon Coast on right now???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicabee19, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    My friend is out on the Oregon coast 4-wheelin' near Tillamook, and we just heard about the deaths/injuries out there. They are with a large group of people.

The last thing she said to me when she left was "some of these people drink alcohol".

I'm so worried. [​IMG]

2. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Oh no! I hope your friend is Ok!! [​IMG]

3. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    yeah, I just didn't have a good feeling when I saw that news article.

What are the chances I would just happen to see it? I wasn't looking for it... makes me think there was a reason it entered my field of vision.

good grief, I should stop thinking about this before I convince myself!

update: I found her boyfriend's cell phone # (I think it's his cell) on our caller ID. I called and left a message to call us asap. I don't know what sort of reception they get out in that area tho'

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  4. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I haven't heard about the accident but will be saying prayers for everyone involved.

5. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    thanks guys...

whew! Our friends were not hurt! I wonder if the people who were hurt were in their group tho'. We'll find out when they get home tonight.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    well that is a relief for you! :aww poor families that did loose a love one though. [​IMG]

wendy

7. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    i feel really bad for them. i just hope they people involved were not with my friend.

i read one or two were from Vanc., which is where my friend's boyfriend is from.

8. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    I am not sure still what happened can you post a note with just the bare details thanks

9. Chicabee19

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by