Urgent Automatic door recommendations!

graypes

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
Hi! I need to tell my coop builder dimensions for the auto doors I am using asap, but am having trouble finding an auto door that meets my needs. I need it to be predator proof, work in a middle of Missouri cold winter (max -18F and that would be an anomaly), and have a safety closure thing so it doesn't pinch my ducks. THE MAIN THING is I am buying two so would like a door that is under $160 each. Any recommendations? Love the adorable but it is way too expensive for me

I use the Omlet brand one and have had no problems with it (in KS, and had it last winter when it was so cold).
i saw a lot of people talking about the omelet door! my run isnt fully predator proof (yet), is the omlet door pretty hardy to prying racoons? also is the door plastic or metal?

Door is plastic, but it's super sturdy. I would not worry one bit about raccoons being able to pry it open. I use it on an Omlet coop, but it can be installed on non-Omlet coops too. It has the crush detection you're looking for too - it's very sensitive. Even a few tail features hanging out the back will make it stop and open back up (and wait a few minutes before trying to close again).

I use this one

Tubtoken Automatic Chicken Coop Door, Waterproof Aluminum Coop Door Opener, Light Sensing Full Aluminum Shutter Doors Solar Powered Backup, Evening and Morning Delayed Opening Timer (Brown)​

I’ve been looking at the omlet as well. Is it Really small though? I have jersey giants and I’m concerned about them being able to fit through
Im still new to chickens and to me it seems like the opening is fairly small. If you have oversized chickens i would say go with something else. I had some doubt that the chickens would even fit through the omlet opening

Run-Chicken Model T50, the whole thing is steel and aluminum very well made. It has a light sensor and goes up in the morning and down after dusk so the chickens get in. I have had raccoons get into the coop yard area (Before we put chicken wire around the top, bottom and sides) but not be able to get in the coop the door is solid and worked great in zero degree weather. You just have to change the batteries every 4 months to make sure no mishaps.

Back
Top Bottom