Urgent baby chicks are sneezing! Help please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SoCalChickenLuv, Feb 2, 2017.

1. SoCalChickenLuv

SoCalChickenLuv New Egg

Jan 20, 2017
    SoCal
    I got 2 EE chicks vaccinated & about 10 days old and after a week I got 3 silkies from a breeder not vaccinated about 10 days old too.

One silkie started sneezing - no wetness or anything around eyes, beaks or anything. Eats and drinks fine. Now fast forward 3 days my 2 other silkies seem to possibly be showing some symptoms.

Here is what I have done as of today:
    Changed bedding from pine to ribbed paper towels (yesterday)

Added ACV RAW as of yesterday

Added crushed garlic to water (today)

Added some VetRX to water and under wings of one of them - the one that showed the worst symptoms!

Any advice?! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. SoCalChickenLuv

SoCalChickenLuv New Egg

Jan 20, 2017
    SoCal
    Up

3. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Could just be dust in the environment, or from the feed, or any number of things. Sneezing is not a reason to rush into panic mode. As long as they are free of nasal discharge and seem to eat and drink fine, try not to worry so much.

4. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    They need plain water, so weird new tastes in the treated water don't reduce drinking. I agree with June, hopefully all is well. What vaccine are you referring to? If they are actually ill, that's another story. Mary

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Agrees, just plain water...(and need vaccination specifics).....all that other stuff in water could cause other problems and/or confusion of symptoms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by