URGENT: Bothell, WA Chicken Owners! TUE, FEB 19th City Council Meeting - we will be asking to raise

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by sdwinter, Feb 14, 2013.

1. sdwinter

sdwinter New Egg

Feb 14, 2013
    Hello everyone,
    I'm hoping you can attend the upcoming Bothell City Council Meeting to help us advocate for an increase in our chicken limit (currently only three allowed):

TUESDAY, FEB 19th
    6 PM
    BOTHELL MUNICIPAL COURT

We will have 3 minutes to speak at the meeting, which is the Council's yearly consideration of code amendments. Hopefully the Council will choose to initiate deliberations on our proposal, with a decision to follow in the subsequent months.

Please consider attending the meeting with your families. Seattle recently got their limit increased to eight hens (no roosters), and it would be great if we could do the same!
    Sarah

2. abseattle

abseattle New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    Good work sdwinter. I was there for the 19th Feb meeting. Hopefully something gets done!
    Good presentation btw.

3. chickgarden

chickgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    I know this thread is old, but I'm wondering if there is any update after the city council meeting on March 4, 2014? I read the proposal was to increase from 3 chickens to 8, but can't find any more information on it.

4. sdwinter

sdwinter New Egg

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks for your inquiry!
    The Bothell City Council voted unanimously to raise the limit on lots over 7200 square feet to 8 chickens. Five chickens are allowed on lots 5000-7200 square feet. No chickens allowed on lots smaller than 5000 square feet. There will be some new regulations to accompany the increase; however, the code has not yet been updated online.

1 person likes this.
  5. chickgarden

Apr 1, 2012
    That's great news! Thank you for being the one to take this on.

6. Sinfonian

Sinfonian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Seattle area
    Turns out MLT recently changed their domestic animal laws to include chickens so now we can only have 3. Outrageous!

7. chickgarden

Apr 1, 2012
    How many were you allowed to have before?

8. kokekokko

kokekokko Just Hatched

Mar 7, 2014
    Gee, I'm still waiting for my cat to lay an egg for me...

9. BothellTravis

BothellTravis New Egg

May 5, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by