URGENT!!! CHICK POOPING THICK BLOOD!

shahchicks4299

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2016
Our new chick that hatched just a couple of hours ago is in a worrying state. He hatched with a red swollen bum that was protruding and now he is bleeding. First it was thick like blood and all veiny and looked like intestines! I panicked and searched up possible answers. It said that it could be an unabsorbed sac and i felt relieved. One comment said to dampen kitchen towel in warm water and wrap up the chick so it feels like he is back in egg with his head sticking out. I was happy i saved him and left him there for a couple of hours. by the time this chick hatched we already had 30 quails hatch successfully. I checked on him in the evening and the sac seemed to have fallen off. I was happy but then he started releasing thick, veiny blood that is fatty. All other chicks have been fine and we know this not genetic due to raising the mothers and fathers ourselves. we hatched their eggs before and nothing like this happened before!!! Could it be his internal organs or is it something that can't be helped?

Please help.

PS i am unable to post pictures presently

Back
Top Bottom