URGENT: Chicken Limping, no sign of injury

kutee

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2020
URGENT:
I have a little 6/7 week old chick who has been limping for the past 4 or so days. I decided not to panic at first assuming maybe she had fallen and hurt her toe and it would go away in a day or so. She is still limping and its gradually becoming worse. She simply lays in the run all day or sits in the same place.
Its her left foot, maybe specifically her toes she doesnt want to use. Normally as most of you know when you put a chicken down after holding it they flex their feet and walk away, but she will just lay down. She wont wrap her left foot around the roost bar, instead just lean to the right and left her left foot just sit there.
I did reading online that suggested she may have bumble foot, but after going out and inspecting her foot i see no sign of it (i checked for scabs, bumps). I gently felt her toes and up her legs to check if she felt any pain from me touching her but nothing. She's a really sweet girl and i would hate to lose her to something like this.
Any help is appreciated, I am just at a loss for what i should do or what is going on.

URGENT:
I have a little 6/7 week old chick who has been limping for the past 4 or so days. I decided not to panic at first assuming maybe she had fallen and hurt her toe and it would go away in a day or so. She is still limping and its gradually becoming worse. She simply lays in the run all day or sits in the same place.
Its her left foot, maybe specifically her toes she doesnt want to use. Normally as most of you know when you put a chicken down after holding it they flex their feet and walk away, but she will just lay down. She wont wrap her left foot around the roost bar, instead just lean to the right and left her left foot just sit there.
I did reading online that suggested she may have bumble foot, but after going out and inspecting her foot i see no sign of it (i checked for scabs, bumps). I gently felt her toes and up her legs to check if she felt any pain from me touching her but nothing. She's a really sweet girl and i would hate to lose her to something like this.
Any help is appreciated, I am just at a loss for what i should do or what is going on.
Can you post a picture of leg?

Back
Top Bottom