URGENT: cocciodisis/enteritis

chrys64moore

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Hi---I can't tell if this is coccidiosis or enteritis...I've been treating my 5yo Polish hen for a chronic upper resp. infection with oxytetracycline. The wheezing subsided after 14 days of treatment, and she was looking like her normal self. Yesterday, she seemed sick, but this time she was fluffed up, weak, and not eating. Today, I noticed some mucousy, bloody-looking diarrhea---not a lot, but the blood is bright red. It seems like it could be coccidiosis, as it seems unlikely to be enteritis since I've been treating her with the oxy. No other birds seem affected. Also, NO CORRID TO BE FOUND. Anywhere. Any thoughts on what it could be, and the best way to try to treat it? I know I need to catch it immediately if it's cocci.(I would send a picture, but I'm the last person on earth without a smart phone, and our camera is broken). Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but the rest was clear-ish and very mucousy(not green, and no solids) ...Tractor Supply and other local feed stores don't carry Corid anymore here (I don't know if it's a Southern Maine thing?), so I would have to order it and wait for delivery. And our vet doesn't open until Monday morning. But thanks for replying, I appreciate all the help I can get!

Back
Top Bottom