Urgent!! Duck hatching questions!

here is a way better pic. I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you for helping me get through this process. It has been a great experience!

All three ducks look very healthy and the neck is getting better on the one. We took them outside today because it is about 90F and they love running around after you. We got these eggs that we hatched from a farmer. He have us four eggs and one was infertile and the other ones hatched. We said to him that we only wanted to keep one but we would hatch more just in case. Every time I take two out from the brooder the other one peeps very loud wondering where they went. We live in a town just out side a bigger city. We built a big enough house for it but we were really not expecting to be keeping all three. I will be going to college in 3 years and my brother hopefully in 5 years. My 9 year old brother will be going to college just as the ducks are very old. We kind of knew from the start that we were probably going to keep all of them but now I don't know what to do. Should we give 2 of them back or keep them together?

Why not keep them all together until they are older? If it becomes an issue on keeping them, rehome them together... 1 duckling alone will get very lonely, they're extremely sociable and thrive better with company...

I am not worried about cleaning the cage or anything, with 3 kids I am sure we can find someway on making it easier to clean. It is the neighbors that might not like us having 3 ducks that quack really loud. I have never had any duck so I don't know how much or loud they quack.

Well, if they turn out to be 3 drakes then no need to worry as they are much quieter than ducks who quack full out... but, a lonely single duck *can be* much louder than 3 content ducks as well...

Congratulations on getting them all to hatch. I was happy to be a part of it. :clap

As Ravyn said, keeping one duckling can be a challenge. One alone will majorly imprint on their human, which is fine if it is what you want, but should be weighed in your decision.

Would love to see some pics when you get a chance :)

Ok. I can say this thread is going to be closed. Thanks for helping me! I am going to get some vitamins. Here are some pics

Back
Top Bottom