URGENT: gainesville, FL -- Rescue Dog lost in Transport

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jetiki, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jetiki

Jetiki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Hope its ok to post this, Teddy needs help. Teddy was on his way to Florida from Greenville, sc and his collar broke when he got scared on a potty break. Teddy is a big boy, search party in the area at 9 am unless they find him tonight. , Call if you have even seen him. there are pics but they are on facebook. he is microchipped but no collar as it broke.

Lost Shy Walker Hound (Behind Sonic on NW 39th Ave)

Date: 2011-09-24, 8:06PM EDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Lost Saturday evening, 9/24 around 7:30 pm behind Sonic in the woods- adult male treeing walker coonhound being transported to rescue group/foster home- very shy, afraid of vehicles, but LOVES people. Approximately 50 lbs, looks like a giant beagle. PLEASE help! If found call Jay at 904-708-5227 or Mari-jane at 904-607-1471. No collar- slipped off it at a bathroom break.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2615871372

Copyright [​IMG] 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

2. Jetiki

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    From his former Foster mom:

Tips On Teddy during approach- PLEASE SHARE-
    Teddy will not come to you if you are chasing him. WHen he sees you approach he will run. The softer your voice the better, don't laugh but Baby Talk will get him closer. No matter your size crouch down when you see him and hold out your hand. Tell him he is a Good Boy and you have his Cookie... EVen hearing Cookie Time", might get him closer. If he stops and looks at you, place the cookie on the ground, Say Here it is Teddy, come get it, turn around and walk away slowly, that is what we did to gain his trust and to get him to follow us! He HAS to see you are not a threat...someone did a number on this dog in his past life....

HE LOVES Other Coon Hounds, Blood Hounds.....He hears them sing and he will come...hold your dog on a long lead and allow Teddy to come to your dog, he will follow the other Coonhound. If anyone can go buy a Coon Squaller (sp) this dog has hunted....Remember he is VERY leary of men! FOrtunatly for this specific situation he will not last long running. HIs endurance is weak even though it may not seem like to the folks that initially saw him run off. I hope this Helps..

Thanks for any and all help:)

Karen

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I wish I lived closer.................... I hope you find him.

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Good Luck finding him! [​IMG]

5. Jetiki

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Teddy has been found safe caught by a 12 yr old boy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

Wow! That is some very good luck! Kudos to the the young man!

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:That is great news! [​IMG]

8. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    So glad you found him. He must like little boys. Hope he gets a forever home soon and can heal and trust again from his mistreatment.

9. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    So glad he was found, way to go little boy, must pretty brave to get close to a strange dog. I'm so glad.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by