1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Urgent help assisted hatch help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by won023, Feb 12, 2017.

1. won023

won023 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2017
    England
    I have one last egg left from incubation and has pipped 24hrs ago and made a hole has not moved for another 24hrs so I broke a few pieces of shell out and when it eventually hatched its very shaky legs shaking and tiny bit of yolk can be seen is he going to be ok? Can I do anything in very concerning

2. won023

Jan 31, 2017
    England
    And not very active

3. weedturtle

weedturtle Just Hatched

Feb 9, 2017
    is the duckling okay?

4. won023

Jan 31, 2017
    England
    It moves every so often and peeps occasionally the left over egg is not noticeable basically a giant pimple size and is attached to the ducky very concerned should I just leave him in the incubator?

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How is your duckling today? It's had a bit of time to recover from hatching.

6. won023

Jan 31, 2017
    England
    He's doing better sleeping still but peeps along with the other duckling tries to get up but he's not really strong enough to get up? That's seems like a bad sign? Or is it still a bit early? I've separated him from others by splitting the brooder in half and making sure others don't trample him [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Good idea to keep it separate for now. Do you have any poultry vitamins. You could add some to water and use a syringe with out needle try to get the lil on to drink Just by dripping right along the bill never down the throat. Or a lil sugar in some water just to give the lil one a boost. It looks adorable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by