URGENT Help, dying chick

Sono

Songster
Jul 16, 2021
DeSoto Mo
Yesterday morning 8am I picked up several chicks, I hand picked all the active ones ( they just arrived to the store an hour prior. They were all eating and drinking and active all night til I went to bed ( and yes they napped here and there ) this morning I have 1 chick that is nearly dead, it kicks and flaps when picked up but the head is limp and eyes are closed, barely clinging to life. I went back to the store with it and they gave me another but also told me to take the sick one with me. So, I am dipping its beak in water and it seems to drink some but its head is just a limp noodle and the body is nearly lifeless but it will still kick, flap and shake its head occasionally, Im confused but I also dont want it to suffer.... what do I do?

Try warmed sugar water syringed into its beak each hour for all of today. Keep her warm with direct contact heat. Do this by making a little "sleeping bag" for her by keeping it warmed so as to directly transfer heat to her body. Just be sure it's not hot enough to burn your skin so it won't burn the chick.

Back
Top Bottom