1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Urgent help in knowing what type of duckling it is!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chicken7777, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Chicken7777

Chicken7777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Hi, someone in my current craigslist found a ducking and its mother is no where to be seen and i am helping out to find out what type of duckling it might be. I think it might be a mallard but it doesnt have dark legs, dont know but would appreciate the help to help this poor duckling....(would maybe adopt it if it isnt illegal)
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Aww! How cute!

We have Rouens and it looks just like the rouens we have when they were babies!

I can post a pic for you to look at out baby rouens, I think I have some on photobucket. Just pm me.

Wendy

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My muscovies had the same look to it. Does it have a wide beaver like tail?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  4. Chicken7777

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Well i dont know but would like to know as soon as possible because i am helping someone find it a home....how does a muscovy duck look like when mature?? if its a rouen then it would be nice to have.....also it has yellow feet compared to other/same patterns as other ducklings...so confused!!
    Thanks!

5. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Looks like my rouens too.
    Christina

6. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    i helped save a baby rouen and your little guy does look like mine. Although mine was pretty fat even at only a few days old. is your little guy really active or kinda sluggish? does he seem "fat"? lol. i don't know it that will help but he does kinda look like a rouen

7. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    it looks like a little muscovy to me, and it's ADDORABLE, me wants! [​IMG]

8. Chicken7777

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    Well its not my duckling, someone posted that they found it and they are trying to find someone to adopt it....i dont know how muscovies look like and if they are really rouens. I saw ideals picture for rouens and mallards and both have dark feet compared to this one with yellow feet.
    Can someone post muscovy/rouen, and mallard duckling pics, and pics of once they are older to tell the difference...Thanks!

9. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    MUSCOVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Looks like a muscovy to me too.

Where is terrielacy???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by