Urgent help needed for High fever.

Anything to break down the cheese?
Well, it would be really hard if she is refusing to eat, but does she have access to grit? If she is eating a lot of different human food, she needs grit to digest it. None of my girls have had any digestive problems or crop issues that lasted more than a day or two, so I don’t feel like I can really help you out. There are lots of articles on this site if you do a search and hopefully somebody that has experience with this can help you out.

Well, it would be really hard if she is refusing to eat, but does she have access to grit? If she is eating a lot of different human food, she needs grit to digest it. None of my girls have had any digestive problems or crop issues that lasted more than a day or two, so I don’t feel like I can really help you out. There are lots of articles on this site if you do a search and hopefully somebody that has experience with this can help you out.

I just tried feeding her, and she ate out of my hand a little fresh corn. But when I feel her crop, I can definitely feel lots of grains she had eaten yesterday.

Looks like you started another thread about going to the vet.
I hope everything turns out o.k.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/lump-of-cheese-stuck-in-crop-help-please.1355173/

Yes, because someone suggested that this is a different (blockage) issue, so it can be appropriately responded.

As for my hen, no nothing much is going on. With great difficulty I was able to give her about 10 ml of Electrolytes (Nutri-Drench) and a handful of soft corn, mixed with grits.

I am at a dead end, don't know what else to do. Or do I just see her pass away by tomorrow or the day after.

Yes, because someone suggested that this is a different (blockage) issue, so it can be appropriately responded.

As for my hen, no nothing much is going on. With great difficulty I was able to give her about 10 ml of Electrolytes (Nutri-Drench) and a handful of soft corn, mixed with grits.

I am at a dead end, don't know what else to do. Or do I just see her pass away by tomorrow or the day after.

Have you tried giving her a little chunk of coconut oil or some olive oil and massaging her crop? The oil is supposed to help to soften everything up and the massaging is supposed to help move it through.

Back
Top Bottom