Urgent help needed.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gladedge, Jun 26, 2011.

1. gladedge

gladedge New Egg

Jun 26, 2011
    Hi all, I am new on the site. I have a light sussex hen she is about 2 and bit years old. She has been walking a bit funny for a few weeks, when walking she lifts one leg high. We have now seperated her from the flock and today we have found a massive hard lump between her legs. She is eating and drinking fine her poop is very runny and watery. She can hardly stand and looks more like a penguin.

2. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    does she have an egg stuck?

3. gladedge

gladedge New Egg

Jun 26, 2011
    I don't think she has an egg stuck, The lump is between her legs and is very hard.

4. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I've heard about air pockets under the skin... not sure what to do with it though. Maybe someone will come on with some more info

5. gladedge

gladedge New Egg

Jun 26, 2011
    The lumps seems to be a blueish in colour. It doesn't feel like a growth nor does it seem to be eggs stuck more like something in the cavity that is putting immense pressure on her skin.

6. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Have you tried lancing it? If you could post a picture it might help us to help you. I would use a sharp knife/razor/scalpel and make a very small cut, or even just stick a needle into the mass and see if anything drains.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by