Urgent HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crash0330, May 25, 2010.

1. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Hello Im really worried about my ducklins and my goslings, today when I took them for a bath I noticed that the goslings had some kind of injury on their feet and then I found out they all had it This is one of the goslings, the ducks have it too but since their feet are black it not that noticeble, anybody knows what it is? please help! It looks like some kind of fungus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. duckgirl_19

duckgirl_19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    kalamazoo
    i never seen that before och and eww. i hope you find out whats wrong with them.
    good luck:fl
    duckgirl:hugs

3. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I would clean out their brooder with bleach and rinse well. What kind of bedding do they have? It looks like there's something in their environment causing this. It DOES look like a fungus!

Since it's on their feet, I would suspect the bedding or flooring of their brooder. Or on surfaces they walk on a lot.

Tell more about their environment they live in and I'll bet someone will have an answer.

4. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I haven't seen this before either, but I too was going to ask what they are walking on. Then I realized it is on top of their feet too. I'm also going to guess it's something in their brooder and suggest cleaning it really well. Ducks/geese are really messy and they have to have their brooder cleaned often. I'm not sure what to do if it is a fungus. Hopefully someone else has more ideas.

5. crash0330

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    I was thinking it's the bedding too, they only have it on their feet and no where else. I use hay as bedding but then it mixes with feed and water and it turns into such a mess in no time last night I put them outside on sand hopefully that solves the problem, I was thinking on taking one to the vet but I can't seem to find one that would take a geese here in my area.

6. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    try rubbing a little antifungal cream on their feet for a few days....you can get cheap generic at any dollar store.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I have seen something similar. Are you feeding them flock raiser?

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

The pictures of the bottom of the foot almost look like little burns.

9. crash0330

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:No there currently on unmedicated chick starter.

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:I was thinking the same thing. It looks like some kind of burn. Hmmm I don't know.

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by